Sunday, February 5, 2012

Month 1 of Chronological Bible Reading Plan

Month One--January!


It may have taken me a bit more time, but I made it. I just finished reading Genesis. I finished the book of Job a couple weeks ago. I must say it has been an amazing journey, and I am so glad that I chose to do it and continue on even where there are days when it just feels a bit difficult to continue to read. There were many days where the reading did not happen. There are days when I binge read, because I cannot get enough. All in all, I think I am about 3 days off track. I am hoping to catch up this week, and definitely stay caught up. I need to rediscover a routine, as I resume my daily bible reading plan. It is easy for me to get busy or distracted. I need to make a continuous effort to be in the Word more this month!

Some highlight of this journey so far:


  • The Life of Job. 
    • Nothing is hidden, but all is seen in his struggles. He is seen complaining and arguing with God. He is rebuked for his ways in the end. For me, it has been an asset to see how Job handled his struggles. Many would do much worse. His faith carried him through his struggles, even on the hardest moments. Seeing Job's struggle has helped me with my own struggle. I have not given up. I keep fighting. It is knowing that others have walked the road of hardship that gives me strength. I find strength in reading about Job's struggle.
  • The Life of Abraham
    • His faith is tested by taking his son to the mountain to possibly sacrifice him. Instead, God removes the need for the sacrificing of his son. It was a test of his faith. The test of our faith brings us to our knees, and makes us realize which we love more: Family or God. There are moments when Abraham was asked to leave his family behind, and he took his nephew with him. What would have happened if he had left Lot at home? Would he have a wife who ended up looking back at the past so to speak, and turn into a grain of salt? Probably not..
  • The Life of Jacob
    • Jacob is seen stealing his brother's blessing from his father. He ends up on the road to hopefully avoid the sword of his brother Esau. Once he finally comes into contact with Esau after many years apart, his brother embraces him. Our problems may not be so easily solved, but they are solvable. We do not have to run to avoid facing them and risk facing greater dangers.
  • The Life of Joseph
    • Joseph handled his struggles with grace. His brothers threw him in a well, and he managed to get out. They sold him to Egyptians, and God enabled him to succeed as a servant of his master's house. His master's wife screams rape, and God uses his time in jail to help others' know the meaning of their dreams. The Pharaoh gets his dream interpreted by Joseph, and he is put in a high position of helping others fight againest a world wide famine. He reunites with his brothers and does no harm to them---instead he chooses to bless them continually!
I am looking forward to seeing what Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers  has in store for this month's journey! To read more about what I am reading and learning, click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment