Thursday, January 24, 2013

Concept of Rest

I wanted to write something today, just to post. I haven't been able to get on here to post since Christmas day. Kinda saddening. I want to write. My thoughts are just all jumbled up. I have been feeling pretty defeated this week in a sense. It is definitely attacking my emotions and how I am doing overall. It is hard. To be chronically ill, (seems to be a popular topic on my blog) it is such a struggle.

On Saturday, I began doing a Bible study with some friends. Such a struggle physically though. It ends up being a really long day. I know what I want to be able to go on Saturdays though. The million dollar question: How do I do it without spending the week recovering from it? Nothing seems to come easy, especially when fatigue and pain come into play. For the past two weeks, I have been struggling more so with a loss of energy. It is one thing to try to learn what rest is and practice it when it is by choice. It is a different story when it is a mandatory thing for one's body.

I want to come to a place of Matthew 11:28, which reminds me of the need to rest.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]

I want that relief and refreshment. I want physically, but so much spiritually. I want to receive another "mountain-top" experience with my Lord, where I am feeling much closer to Him! Rest is a key part of it.

The practice of rest doesn't come easy to many. We often spend our time and attention overthinking it--or planning out how to rest instead of actually resting. I am on my own self-discovery of what it means to rest, how is it done, and beginning the process of actually resting. Resting: it is a hard concept for many. We simply do not know how to rest or where to begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment